New Fire Station: Improving Community Response
Spring 2017: Work to Begin on Fire Station No. 3
After completing an efficiency review of its operations and community meetings, the Saskatoon Fire Department has developed a new service model that will involve moving Fire Station No. 3 from Taylor Street and York Avenue to 2613 Clarence Avenue South.
This new facility will:
- Improve response times.
- Maintain an active, healthy & safe city.
- Have community-use space.
Based on a design and construction start date of Winter 2017, a completion target for the project has been set for Summer 2018.
An estimate of the planning process and timeline for completion of the Fire Station No. 3 is as follows:
- Project Tendered – January 2017
- Project Tender Awarded – March/April 2017
- Design and Construction – March/April 2017 – May 2018
- Project Substantially Complete – May 2018
- Operations Begin – June 2018
For construction summaries, answers to frequently asked questions and background to the project planning process, visit saskatoon.ca/firestation3.