Click here to see our demographics (2017).
Our community was originally two neighbourhoods: Churchill (north) and Adelaide Park (south), with Ruth Street as the dividing line. When the City of Saskatoon redrew the boundaries in the 1990s, they were combined into Adelaide/Churchill.
Churchill School was built in 1956 as a public school for just under 30 years before closing; the grounds are now home to the Churchill Gardens condominium development.
Hugh Cairns V.C. School opened in 1960 and was named after a WWI Victoria Cross soldier from Saskatoon.
Cairns Avenue is named after John Cairns, a local pioneer. It was called 12th Avenue until it was renamed in 1954.
Churchill Shopping Centre, opened in 1957, is thought to be the oldest shopping centre in Saskatoon.
Most homes were built between 1946 to 1970: 785 home between 1946 and 1960 and 325 between 1961 and 1970. There was also a mini-boom in the 1980s when about 95 more homes were built.
More information about the Adelaide Park Churchill neighbourhood is available at the city of Saskatoon Neighbourhood Profile and at Wikipedia.
Return to Home.